Saturday, March 12, 2016

This or That? {3rd Edition}

Ever hear a song that reminds you of another? This is a friendly comparison of videos and songs with similar genres, concepts and themes.
This edition is a multi-post. I normally only do one comparison, but today i'll do three. All of them are of similarities in the the MVs not the song.^^

Cosmic Girls Catch Me v. SNSD You Think





Cosmic Girls (WJSN) debuted recently presenting themselves like a combination of Sonamoo and Twice. However, their newest MV reminds me of SNSD. The charisma, edginess, dancing and concept are alike. Also, Cheng Xiao's flip competes with Seohyun's split.

My Choice: I didn't like 'Catch Me' at first but after a while it grew on me. However, 'You Think' had me hooked at first watch! I choose 'You Think'!


2NE1 Missing You v. 4Minute Cold Rain





'Missing You' is a cinematographic masterpiece, with 2ne1 showing off their sophistication. A few years later 4minute released a very similar MV. In both, the girls are dressed in expensive coats, fur outerwear in leather of dark grays and blacks with splashes of color.

My Choice: 2NE1 all the way, I prefer 'Missing You'.


SNSD 'I Got A Boy' v. Candy Mafia 'Cliche'





During SNSD's "I Got A Boy" era, the girls kicked off their high-heels for sneakers. Girls' Generation went glam hip-hop on us and showed us their best street style. Now, many SoNes who saw Candy Mafia's 'Cliche' say that they ripped SNSD off. But this is a friendly comparison, and I like CM's take on the concept! Both MVs include colorful street scenes, trendy outfits and similar camera work.

My Choice: SNSD is one of my favorite girl groups, but this time I prefer Candy Mafia's video.

No comments:

Post a Comment