Thursday, March 10, 2016

Playlist 4. Mysteric


Theme: Mysteric
Songs with a [♥] are my preference/a personal favorite.

"An unfamiliar blue light shines, the thing that makes me dizzy. Mysteric." - f(x) 4 Walls. This playlist is based on f(x) 4 walls. I collected songs that have a similar sound and style. Enjoy!



1. f(x) - 4 Walls
Korean ♥
Aesthetically mysterious. F(x) is known for their experimental sound and this is no exception.

2. Ladies' Code - Galaxy
Korean ♥
It's a new style for Ladies' Code; no longer bubbly, but rather laid-back. That's understandable considering the death of two of the members. On the bright side, this song is a masterpiece! Ladies' Code proved that k-pop can be classy and you don't need a repetitive hook to make a song catchy.

3. Taemin - Drip Drop
Korean
Taemin did it again. He stole Shawols' hearts with his smooth criminal style. Just like his solo debut, he channeled his inner Micheal Jackson. I'm impressed by the musicality.

4. Azin - Delete
Korean
I don't know who Azin is, or when she debuted, but she has an f(x)-esque sound. I stumbled across her while browsing on Youtube and figured she would be a nice addition to this list.

5. Shinee - View
Korean
I gave this song no attention during Shinee's comeback, and now I sorta like it. It has an infectious groove!

6. Red Velvet - Campfire
Korean
Another good song, that I didn't pay attention to. It's from Red Velvet's first album "The Red".

7. Red Velvet - Automatic
Korean
Music of this quality is rare in k-pop, in idol groups and (to be honest) SM. Red Velvet is one of the SM artists that I believe make the highest quality music. Even though 'Automatic' isn't particularly my taste, it's a sound not often heard in k-pop and well executed.

8. Exo - Hurt
Korean ♥
Probably the best song on Exo's 'Exodus". It's a non-typical song that paints a picture with its lyrics. 'Hurt' got buried under the hype of the album's title tracks but I advise you to listen to it after you've overplayed 'Call Me Baby'

No comments:

Post a Comment